Who we are
This is the privacy statement of Ambassador Residential Limited and it explains how we collect and use personal information about you on our website.
This website www.ambassador-homes.co.uk is owned and operated by Ambassador Residential Ltd. References to “we,” “us,” our,” or “the website” are references to Ambassador Residential Ltd.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users to our site and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
What information do we collect about you and why?
We may collect, use and store different types of personal information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
|Types of personal information||Description|
|Contact details||Name, date of birth, email address and telephone number|
|Contractual information||Information obtained by providing our services to you|
|Marketing data||Details about your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us|
|Other types of personal data, including special categories of personal data||Some types of personal data are defined as special. We will only collect and use these types of data if the law allows us to. You will be asked for explicit consent for such data and there is no obligation to provide it. |
This could include:
The information we collect from you enables us to:
• Fulfil your request for information regarding our house types and housing developments
• Send you information or content in which you may be interested
• Keep you abreast of any updates related to the website
• Enter into and perform contracts in connection with the sale of our properties
• Deliver our services and meet our legal responsibilities
• Verify your identity where this is required
• Contact you by post, email or telephone
• Understand your needs and how they may be met
• Maintain our records
• Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
• Improve our website
• Send you marketing information
This website uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site.
We may also send electronic marketing communications to you directly (if we have your consent to do so). You can opt out of receiving such marketing communications at any time.
Our website uses Google Analytics and Google Ads to track user behaviour when spending time on this site and for remarketing purposes to serve ads online to previous visitors.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
• Data you give to us: when you make an enquiry on our website.
• Date we collect when you enter into a contract with us: we will collect further personal information including but not limited to the name of your lender (if applicable), the name of your solicitor and your preferences in relation to the property or development.
• Data from third parties that we work with: our sales agents may share the personal data of customers who have purchased properties.
Who do we share your information with?
If you reserve one of our properties, we may pass your personal information on to any or all of the following parties:
• our sales agents where they have supplied your information to us;
• our professional advisors for the purposes of processing the transaction;
• surveyors for the purposes of obtaining a valuation of the property and identifying any issues or defects;
• any contractor to which we have outsourced the operation of any part of our business or which we have appointed to provide services to support any part of our business, including but not limited to, providing customer aftercare and rectifying snagging issues; and
• any third parties that legally require us to share your personal information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected.
More specifically, if you enquire about one of our developments and do not subsequently purchase a property, we will destroy your personal data once the development has completed.
If you do purchase one of our properties, we will keep your personal data on file for such periods as are required for warranty and insurance purposes. In general we will hold your personal data for a minimum of ten years.
Where we use your personal information for marketing purposes we will retain your personal information for so long as we have your consent to do so (where we use your personal information with your consent in order to send you marketing messages) or, in other cases, for so long as we have a legitimate business or commercial reason to do so (unless you ask us to stop).
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
• You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
• We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent – see Withdrawing consent to using your information below
• You have validly objected to our use of your personal information – see Objecting to how we may use your information below
• Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information – You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest or pursuant to the legitimate interests of us or a third party then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we may use your information – in some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Automated processing – if we use your personal information on an automated basis to make decisions which significantly affect you, you have the right to ask that the decision be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision. This right only applies where we use your information with your consent or as part of a contractual relationship with you
Withdrawing consent using your information – Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us using the details set out in the Contact section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
This privacy statement was last updated in May 2018.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
By phone: 0303 123 1113
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF